About the Career Advancement Programme (CAP)
The IIRQ Career Advancement Programme (CAP) will provide young adolescents/ youths (ages 16- 19) with a two (2) year Government Sponsored Education and Training that helps them to earn their career certification and to gain meaningful employment.
All CAP applicants (ages 16-19) are required to complete and submit a physical copy of our “CAP Application Form” to the Administrative Office. The application form is to be submitted with the required documents of:
- Two (2) certified (stamped and signed) passport sized photographs by; a JP, Minister of Region, Lawyer, Principal, Doctor or Superintendent of Police)
- Copy of applicant’s Birth Certificate
- Copy of Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN) – if the applicant is 18 years of age or older, he/ she can apply for their own TRN, if not their parent/ guardian will be able to do so on their behalf.
- Copies of CXC/ CAPE results (if applicable)
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from any of the following two (2) persons; JP, Minister of Religion, Lawyer, Principal, Doctor or Superintendent of Police, past or present employer.
- Last School’s Report.
CAP Application Process:
Step 1: Upon submitting the completed application form, attached with all supporting documents, candidates will be scheduled to sit our online Diagnostic Testing, otherwise known as ‘DT’. The DT is comprised of Mathematics, English Language and an additional written comprehension.
Step 2: After completing the DT, candidates will informed when to attend their scheduled interview. During the interview, the interviewer will assist the applicant in deciding the most suitable vocational course of their choice.
Step 3: Once a candidate has become accepted to the institution, they are given an “acceptance package” with the necessary details regarding general orientation. All accepted candidates are required to attend their general orientation, as well as their course orientation.
Step 4: Students are required to complete a Medical Examination for health and safety purposes, the medical exam is performed by the school’s in house doctor.
NB- The CAP application form can be downloaded from the link on our website, please note that there are separate forms for the Kingston and Montego- Bay branch.
Private Students Application
Applicants ages 20 & older can apply to attend the institution for a vocational course of study, as a private student. The applicant must demonstrate by virtue of skills; prior learning or relevant work experience, all of which must be relevant to the intended course of study.
All applicants are required to complete and submit a physical copy of the “Private Student Application form” to the Administrative Office. The application form is to be submitted with the required documents of:
- Two (2) passport sized photographs (certified by a JP, Minister of Region, Lawyer, Principal, Doctor or Superintendent of Police)
- Copies of all supporting documents (eg. CXC, Diploma, Degree)
- A copy of a valid Identification Card (eg. DL, National ID, Passport)
- Letter from current/ former employer or any notary of the public.
- A non- refundable registration fee.
Certificate Level – Applicants interested in pursuing the desired course of their choice at the certificate level, should possess one (1) or more CXC/CSEC subjects or City & Guilds passes in Mathematics/ English.
Diploma Level – Applicants should possess two (2) CXC/ CAPE subjects with passes 1-3/ A, B, C respectively or possess a City and Guilds Certificate level qualification in the intended area of study/ related area of study or any other accredited equivalent level certification.
Advanced Diploma – Applicants are required to have prior Qualification/ Certification at the Diploma or Tertiary Level.
NB – Please check with the Kingston or Montego- Bay office to see which courses are available at the respective branches. The application and supporting documents/ references will be evaluated and if necessary the applicant will be subjected to an interview.