City & Guilds Accredited
About the Programme
The IVQs in IT Systems Support are designed for learners who are interested in installing, developing, maintaining computer systems and supporting computer users. The qualification also allows learners to select units which match their interest or career requirements.
Make It Yours- Who Is this for?
This course is ideal for those looking to develop basic skills and knowledge in PC Maintenance to get started in the IT industry. You’ll gain a general grounding in basic hardware maintenance and software installation, as well as troubleshooting skills. You will combine technical skills for PC Maintenance with the software skills to develop a more rounded approach to systems support. This course will prepare you for employment in the IT Industry.
Programme Structure & Duration
- Units 102 – 111
- How to care for your customer
- Diagnosing faults
- Installing and maintaining a computer system
- How to dispose of old systems in an environmentally friendly manner, all in a safe and healthy manner.
- 4 Units
Level 2 Diploma in ICT Systems Support
This Level is to widen your learners knowledge and develop existing skills.
To achieve the qualification, learners must take 1 core unit and 3 optional units.
At least 2 of these optional units must be at the level of the qualification and from the Systems Support group of options, the qualification covers:
- Maintaining equipment and systems
- Customer care
- Installing, configuring and maintaining hardware and software
- Systems testing
- Working to industry standard repair procedures.
Exams and Assessments
- Year 1 Portfolio Assessment – IIRQ Certification
Continuous Internal Assessment by Tutor
- Year 2 Level 2 City and Guilds Externally set and marked Examination Papers plus
- Candidates will be required to successfully complete All Units to a satisfactory and appropriate standard. All Assessments are subject to Internal and External Verification.
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements for candidates undertaking these qualifications, candidates will be required to have a reasonable level of Communication and Numerical Skills in order to complete the assessment requirements. Applicants may be subjected to sit a Diagnostic Mathematics and English Test, if they do not possess passes in any previous exams.
- Computer Career
- Computer Service Technician
- Data Administrator
- Office Support Admin.
Why choose IIRQ?
- Flexible learning and assessment
- Flexible payment schemes
- Professional Atmosphere / environment
- Qualified lectures
- No strict Qualification entry requirements –experience is considered for entering